In the original fable, Hanzel & Gretel had been abandoned by their parents, only to be captured by an old witch out in the woods. Hanzel was thrown in a cage, and was fed food to be "fattened up" so that the old witch could eat him. Gretel, on the other hand, was kept as a house servant, who eventually overcame the witch and burned her in her kitchen oven. Pretty gruesome, but definitely one of my favorite old fables.
This is one of our seasonal fall storybook-style scents -- Gretel is a tart yet sweet mixture of fresh picked apples, caramel, honey, and a spritz of champagne. Drizzled on top is a buttery gingerbread glaze, to enhance the sweet notes of this candle.
What to expect :
4 oz by volume
- Burn time of approximately 15 to 20 hours
- Vegan, plant-based soy wax to provide the cleanest burn possible
For best results:
- Burn your candle all the way to the edge whenever you burn it for the best possible lifetime!
- Soy wax, due to its nature, means your candle may have more bumps, funny lumps, and textures than the alternative wax I could have used.
- Note that this is totally normal, and shouldn't affect the burn of your candle at all.
- Keeping your wick trimmed to a quarter inch will help with any strange looking flames, too.
- And, please, don't leave unattended! We aren't responsible if you burn your house down.
Scent Notes: MacIntosh apples, wild honey, sparkling white pear champagne, fresh picked pears, caramel, buttered rum, gingerbread, and hints of wild berries.
Scent strength: ★★★★☆
Other details to know:
All our products are made only days and weeks before they get to your door step, as we are a handcrafted, self-formulated, small batch brand. Variations in color and scent may occur because of the nature of our brand.
For a full list of our frequently asked questions, please see our FAQ page