A Guide to Vegan Gift Giving
By: Sawyer Cecena
Gift giving is a great way to show someone a little extra love. When shopping for your next gift, don’t forget to show our animal friends some love too! One study has found that over 100 million animals are mistreated or abused every year due to companies that aren’t cruelty free – just in the United States alone! Whether you’re shopping for your best friend or your boyfriend, here are a few companies to check out that are totally vegan and cruelty free. You may even be tempted to buy something for yourself… but don’t worry, your secret’s safe with us!
- Tarabusi Creek – This may be the obvious contender on the list. But if your loved one is a sucker for a nice bath, they’ll love this sweet coconut milk and sea grass Mermaid Bubble Bar! Or, you can set the mood after a hot date with the super sexy Black Chamomile Soy Candle.
- HunnyBon – If you’re shopping for a sweet tooth, this is the place to go! This candy company is entirely vegan, so they can eat their heart out without the worry of any contact with animal products. Try their Organic Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels for a chocolate fiend, or the Organic Gummy Bears for something more sugary-sweet.
- The Herbivore Clothing Company – This team has been making cruelty free look cute for over fifteen years. If clothing isn’t quite the right gift for that special vegan in your life, they also sell accessories, bags, cards, and more. This cotton Compassion is Invincible hoodie is my personal favorite!
- Dope Queens Cosmetics – Do you know a dope queen – or king, or any other form of royalty – who could use a liquid lipstick? Whether they’d be left feeling Bad & Boujee with this muted red or would be a little blue without this gorgeous cobalt Ratchet, they can apply with ease knowing that all of these colors are cruelty free.
- The Bouqs – Flowers are about as vegan as it gets when it comes to stereotypical gift giving. But this company takes it a step further with their eco-friendly practices. All of the flowers are grown with extreme care under super strict and environmentally safe guidelines, cut and shipped on the same day, and come wrapped in recyclable and compostable butcher paper. Go for a bouquet of red roses for a classic gift, or think outside the box with this bundle of fresh sunflowers and aster.